Take and follow your personal trainer with you, wherever you go!!

Thank you for stopping by! FitnessByTY's goal is to keep you on track and motivated with your workouts. Here we try to share useful and applicable information, articles, tips, stories that you can relate with. I'd love to hear your suggestions and questions about what we talk or at least should talk about! Jump in and enjoy!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Fat Loss And Fun Getting Ready For The Weekend

Happy Friday!
For a lot of people, the lack of structure on the weekend can be a challenge when it comes to staying on the fat loss track. Getting some exercise done, dealing food options, different timing, parties, eating out, etc. Restocking on the right groceries on Fridays is a huge help to me. Even if I’m not doing my usual shopping, I make sure I don’t run out of the little things that could easily turn into an excuse to skip a meal or eat poorly for my metabolism.  So, let’s make this a good reminder for all of us. Protein powder, protein bars, berries, egg whites, spinach, enough chicken/steak for at least 4 meals, and cocoa powder. This is my emergency list. I can stick to my plan if I have those handy.
Remember that planning is key all the time. So, today check your plans for the weekend. Plan on getting some rest! Are you going to be eating out? Did you choose which one will be your reward meal? Any parties that will be a challenge for your fat loss lifestyle? Are you fitting your exercise in the schedule?
So, first thing I try to do is to make sure I plan some sleeping time because in my case that’s a challenge. I always find something to do early in the morning, even if I don’t have my regular 5:30am client. But if I don’t have to, I’m getting into the habit of blocking my plans to stay in bed a little longer. Remember, lack of sleep puts a hold on your fat loss.
Pack your purses, pockets and bags with the right snacks. I work on Saturdays, so I know I start the day right with my usual egg white breakfast. I make sure I take my protein powder and protein bars in the bag. Pre-packed nuts and sometimes sugar free fruits are helpful too.
If eating out is on the schedule, I choose grilled meat (usually steak), vegetables (making sure I ask the server to leave out any butter or sugar – yes, sugar… more on that later), and pick between starches or dessert. If I like dessert at that place, that will be my starch. Same choice I make with the alcohol. Always water with lemon on the table no matter what.
But if eating out is my reward meal, I don’t worry about that. However, I DO make sure I get all the right meals throughout the day, all snacks included, such as the one approximately 2-3 hours prior to my rewards meal. I DO NOT leave extra space and cause extra hunger to have more room to stuff myself with the reward meal. If there is a party, I make sure that’s my reward meal selection. Love when the perfect timing happens.J
I try to get metabolic rest-based workouts at least in one of the two days. If I can’t make it to the right hours at the gym, I do it at home with dumbbells, using FitnessByTY videos or Metabolic Effect workouts.
Structure is not prison. It sets you free to enjoy other things without worrying about how to take the next step.
Have a beautiful weekend !
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: