Take and follow your personal trainer with you, wherever you go!!

Thank you for stopping by! FitnessByTY's goal is to keep you on track and motivated with your workouts. Here we try to share useful and applicable information, articles, tips, stories that you can relate with. I'd love to hear your suggestions and questions about what we talk or at least should talk about! Jump in and enjoy!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's all about ME!

Today I spent the entire day attending the Metabolic Effect Nutrition Seminar, in Arlington, VA.
I was so excited that I bounced out of bed before my alarm went off at 4:45am (granted my usual wake up time is 4am). 

Yours truly :) and Dr. Jade Teta, one of the founders of Metabolic Effect

Dr. Teta and Jill Coleman welcoming the attendees

I felt like a kid going on a field trip. And that’s what happens to me every time I have a chance to learn ANYTHING from the Metabolic Effect staff. This is my third educational event with them. I’ve also attended the ME-Group Instructor Certification and the ME-Personal Training seminars in NC.
 If you have experienced something that really changed your life, you will get my point with all the excitement.
Since May of 2009 when I first learned about their lifestyle, I’ve been working on learning as much as I can with their program. Why? Because in several years of trying to figure out my nutrition, the ME lifestyle was the one that hit home and stayed, explaining to me what the bazillion doctors I’ve visited since I was a teenager could not figure out: I needed to learn hormonal fat loss.
In a country with a serious obesity epidemic, that still believes that the “calorie in, calorie out” is the simple way to resolve the problem, Metabolic Effect came with a solid (but always courteous) “chest-bump” and started to explain why and how you still find people eating less than 1500 calories a day, doing massive cardio for 3 hours every day, and not losing “weight”, or simply staying obese in the worst case scenarios.
   I won’t get into the technical details here of what Dr. Jade Teta, one of the founders of the program, brilliantly addressed today in 8 hours of lecture. Why? Because fat loss is not a prescription, but when you figure it out, it’s totally sustainable! It's a process.
And that’s the beauty of it. The ins and outs of the hormonal fluctuations explain just about everything you need to know to learn a new fat loss lifestyle.

I confess I’ve caught myself thinking of how much easier it would be to be a freaking robot and just change my motor oil and look super hot. I know, right?! Maybe you didn’t go that far, but you wish you were just like your hot cousin who eats burgers, fries, drinks beer, and has that almost “accidental” 6-pack. Not the beer, the abs!
Let me break the news here…Your body changes and reacts differently to food everyday based on genetics, physiology and external factors in your life. I know you knew that. So, why do so many people, just like I did, keep thinking that there is a formula to fix and deliver fat loss to their door?
Simple weight loss can make you fit into your skinny jeans, but might not be the end of the challenge if you can’t increase your metabolism and sustain it up there.
If you are not familiar with the difference between weight loss and fat loss, it’s time to jump in the wagon. Not sure which one you like better? Ok, so let me give you two choices:
1) thin and flabby
2) lean and firm
If you chose option one, sorry you are reading the wrong blog. If you want to be lean and firm, I have awesome news for you.  You’re ready to start your fat loss journey. If you don’t know that yet, you can also learn and teach your body how to use food to deliver the right message to your brain, through your hormones. Your brain will then tell your cells what to do with the fat: to burn it or to store it.
 
Dr. Jade Teta explaining the Insulin roller coaster

Is it easy? No. Is it simple? It can be. It all depends on each individual. The ME lifestyle teaches you when to eat the foods you need and also the foods you want! Nothing is off limits, according to Dr. Jade Teta. But you need to learn the best way for YOUR body to use that information.
I’ve been through their 10-week online fat loss program and had phenomenal results.  But I’m still learning how to use that information. I’ve had ups and downs for the past year, and what makes me passionate about this program is that the more mistakes you make, the closer you are to figure yourself out and realistically learn how the use the abundant source of information that your body is. And most importantly, to stay on the right path.
I never thought I could learn so much about the way my body works. My own body feedback IS the “secret formula”.
What I love the most is that if I can relate to the process, I can understand better my clients needs and help them. I’m digging their educational programs for that reason too. I’m getting closer and closer. It’s happening, and it just gets better and better.
If you want to treat yourself with something that can make a substantial and sustainable change in your life, check out the Metabolic Effect 10-week Fat Loss Program.

ME Director of Instructor Training, Jill Coleman


 
ME Master Trainer Gary Leake is also the IT Master making the virtual world happen


1 comment:

  1. great!! Im going to buy the book. Is it anything similar to teh book Master your metabolism??

    ReplyDelete