Take and follow your personal trainer with you, wherever you go!!

Thank you for stopping by! FitnessByTY's goal is to keep you on track and motivated with your workouts. Here we try to share useful and applicable information, articles, tips, stories that you can relate with. I'd love to hear your suggestions and questions about what we talk or at least should talk about! Jump in and enjoy!

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Key to Unlock Your Body: Listen to Your Body, Open your Mind

This is my initial feedback since I've received my Trigger Point Performance Kit two weeks ago:

I started using it daily and teaching my clients how to use it. They are all pretty familiar with foam rolling, but after Cassidy Phillips blew my mind away speaking at the IDEA Conference this year, TP came along to blow my client’s minds away even more.
I train people of all ages, being the youngest 11 years-old, and the oldest, 73 years-old. I see a broad variety of goals, as well as health status, or the so called “conditions”. In the quest to becoming fit, losing fat, looking better, some fight obesity and its burdens, or have tendonitis in different parts of the body; some have been diagnosed with severe conditions, such as brain tumor, spinal tumor, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. A small group just deals with the here and there “body kinks” and no grave complaints. What they all have in common is that “unexplained” tightness that gets in the way and sometimes sidelines them from the training.
The majority of my clients looks for and “likes” high intensity workouts, but it’s just a matter of time until they are slowed down by their body’s fragility.
When I mentioned Trigger Point, they had a huge question mark in their foreheads and “the look” saying “uh oh, here comes Ty with another crazy toy”.
But what are trigger points? They all wanted to know. The TP website is direct to explain:
“Trigger points are tiny knots that develop in a muscle when it is injured or overworked, commonly a cause of most joint pain, they are known to cause headaches, neck and jaw pain, low back pain, tennis elbow, and carpal tunnel syndrome.(…) Trigger Point Therapy can relieve muscular aches and pains in association with these areas. It can also assist with the redevelopment of muscles and/or restore motion to joints. Trigger Point Performance products are specifically designed to support the massage associated with Trigger Point Therapy.”
Can you do it yourself?? YES! I was sold then from the beginning!!
I’m not a rehab trainer, but in the search for good injury prevention and recovery routines, I have never seen such incredible instant changes like in the past 2 weeks.
Starting with myself. Most of you probably already know that I’ve run 14 marathons and one ultra-marathon (50 miles), and decided to take a break, because my hips and hamstrings couldn’t take the frequent injuries anymore. Well, long story short, after 2 weeks (more on that later), I’ve been running pain free. I’m in the process of a diagnosis for my neck. Couldn’t stand the pain anymore… possible herniated disc, waiting for MRI, yadda yadda. After these 2 weeks, my symptoms are 75% gone, and improving! Well, my body told me so!
Now, the best part of all: my clients feedback. There are two very particular cases that really amazed me. One of my fat loss clients had a very hard time with lunges (and other things) due to knee pain. She simply couldn’t get her back knee down. It was holding her workouts back quite a bit. “Ninety degrees in the back knee? Are you kidding me? Only with a new knee.” Until after the FIRST TIME using the TP Performance Kit, that back leg dropped like it had never been injured before. We were quite the interesting sight on the fitness floor, yelling in disbelief! :)
The other one, a child with health issues, obese due to issues with medications, who used to experience back pain in every single session to the point we had to stop, relax, stretch until she could get back to it. With only a couple of areas worked with the TP Performance Kit in one day, she experienced her VERY FIRST BACK PAIN-FREE session. It was very special to me to witness that. Her mom went online and bought the kit before leaving the gym.
There is so much to talk about it, but all my words will never do enough justice to the benefits I’m witnessing with Trigger Point Therapy right now.
This is just to give you my initial feedback. I won’t try to convince you if you don’t want to try. I just had to share what has been making me and my clients smile, brightening up my working hours. I just hope that whenever you give yourself the chance to try, would you please share your feedback with me? :)
Do you need it? Maybe Cassidy Phillips' wise words will help you find the answer: "What you tolerate, you accept!"
If you are not sure what kit is the best one to get, here is my pick:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment